PALO ALTO, Calif. – September 29, 2006 –
Frost & Sullivan honored companies for their excellence in growing their businesses and the industries they are a part of at Frost & Sullivan’s Growth Excellence Awards Banquet and Networking Sessions held in San Antonio, Texas earlier this week.
The recipients of these Awards have shown diligence and innovation in implementing successful business plans and excelling in the increasingly competitive global marketplace
In his keynote speech, Garry Grant, CEO of banquet sponsor Search Engine Optimization, Inc. reflected on what it takes to be a leading company today. "It’s easy, when things are going well, to sit back and be content with the current status of your business. It is those companies that embrace opportunities for growth, and constantly adapt to an ever changing business world however, that will find success in the end," Grant stated.
An open networking session preceding the presentations allowed the recipient companies to develop and strengthen business relationships.
Awarded companies included:
. - 2006 Backup Power Technology Innovation of the Year Award
- 2006 Power Quality & Power Supplies Technology Innovation of the Year Award
. - 2006 U.S. Energy Service Company Emerging Company of the Year Award
American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC)
- 2006 T&D Equipment Enabling Technology of the Year Award
- 2006 North American Industrial Solid/Liquid Separation Equipment Product Differentiation Innovation of the Year Award
Cummins Power Generation
- 2006 North American Diesel Engine Technology Leadership of the Year Award
- 2006 U.S. Energy Management Services Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- 2006 Power Quality Company of the Year Award -AND- Executive of the Year Award
ECOfluid Systems, Inc.
- 2006 Packaged Wastewater Treatment Technology Leadership of the Year Award
- 2006 Power Supplies Product Line Excellence of the Year Award -AND- Competitive Strategy Leadership
- 2006 Energy Storage Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- 2006 U.S. Industrial Air Filtration Product Quality Leadership of the Year Award
Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc.
- 2006 Frost & Sullivan Award for Technology Innovation
GreenFuel Technologies Corporation
- 2006 Bio-Based Fuels Technology Innovation of the Year Award
- 2006 Backup Power Product Innovation of the Year Award
INI Power Systems, Inc.
- 2006 Direct Methanol Fuel Cells Technology Innovation of the Year Award
- 2006 Vehicle Remarketing Client Value Enhancement of the Year Award
- 2006 North American Trip Planning Global Excellence in Product Innovation of the Year Award
- 2006 Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Quality Leadership
mPhase Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:XDSL)
- 2006 Energy Storage Enabling Technology of the Year Award
Power Distribution, Inc.
- 2006 Power Supplies Competitive Strategy Leadership of the Year Award
Proliance International, Inc
. - 2006 HVAC Market Leadership of the Year Award
- 2006 Power Quality & Power Supplies Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
Scientific Dust Collectors
- 2006 U.S. Industrial Filtration Technology Leadership of the Year Award
- 2006 Building Technologies Emerging Technology of the Year Award
Smith & Loveless, Inc.
- 2006 Packaged Wastewater Technology Innovation of the Year Award
. - 2006 Green Buildings & Facilities Management Excellence in Technology of the Year Award
A Growth Excellence Best Practices panel discussion was held preceding the Awards banquet. The distinguished panel comprised of CEOs and senior level executives, representing companies recognized by Frost & Sullivan for best practices in their industries discussed the strategies that have enabled them to proactively identify, evaluate, and capitalize on growth opportunities in the market. Panelists included: Michael Mallia, CEO, AFCO Systems; Paul Cody, Vice President and General Manager, Eaton Electrical Services & Systems Division; Greg Bartolomei, Vice President, Engineering, GridPoint, Inc.; John Miller PE, PhD, Vice President, Advanced Transportation Applications, Maxwell Technologies, Inc.; and Larry Westbrook, President, PULS North America.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
For further information on the Award banquets or recipients or for digital photos, please contact Stacie Jones, 210.247.2450, Stacie.Jones@frost.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, a global growth consulting company, has been partnering with clients to support the development of innovative strategies for more than 40 years. The company's industry expertise integrates growth consulting, growth partnership services, and corporate management training to identify and develop opportunities. Frost & Sullivan serves an extensive clientele that includes Global 1000 companies, emerging companies, and the investment community by providing comprehensive industry coverage that reflects a unique global perspective and combines ongoing analysis of markets, technologies, econometrics, and demographics. For more information, visit http://www.awards.frost.com.